Monday, June 4, 2012

Photo(s) of the Day

Hey everyone!  So, this summer before I get extra busy I told myself I MUST pick up my camera every day until August.  I love taking pictures and have spent lots of money on a nice camera, lenses, flash, a basic class, and editing software.  A good eye and (let's face it) luck can only take you so far when you don't even know how to use your equipment to it's full potential.  That's why I'm resolving to take a picture every day.  I really hope this will really boost my experience and that I will be able to see improvement soon(ish).  Nothing is more frustrating than thinking you got a lovely shot only to find out its underexposed, noisy and un-fixable.

Today I took my model out in the front yard.


Kiwi had just barked at a dotson that comes in our yard. She's ready to get him!

Enjoying the sun in mommy's lap.


What I learned:
1. I got much nicer photos on Kiwi's level.
2. Manual focus is hard to use but worth it sometimes.  
3. You can set what part of the frame your camera auto focuses!  Who knew! I wish I had changed the position for the second image to focus on her nose.
4. My little Kiwi has a face only a mother could love, but boy do I love that little chi chi.

Any model volunteers?

Love, 
Liv

1 comment: