Monday, April 4, 2011

LOVING Lately

I guess you could say I haven't been feeling quite myself lately. So I decided to write this to brighten my week a little. What I'm LOVING lately...

1. DSLR Camera straps.
I have been looking at these for a year now and finally decided I'm going to get one. I ran across some really cutsie/reasonably priced ones on etsy. The company that sells this particular one is Polka Dot Bungalo. I am a huge fan of personalizing anything, so this is right up my alley. I just cant decide which one I like best!


2. Rice Krispie Pops.
I have been wanting to try to make these for some time now. Last week my neighbor, Jacky and her daughter, Carlee came over to help me put them together. I used a recipe I found online and it just wasn't quite right. So needless to say, I will be using the original recipe. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Look at those sprinkles! YUM!

Next time they will be prettier, these were trial pops. Jacky has a blog that is all about her life with a little girl and one on the way! Check it out, she has some really cute pictures of her family!


3. Moss letters.
I have been a bit obsessed with these little beauts since I saw them in a recent PB catalog. But there are tutorials all over the internet so that you can make your own. The most helpful I saw was HERE, at DearLillie. I have seen frame "wreaths" before and I've seen people hang moss letters on their doors, so I just thought I would combine the two. This project was super simple and pretty inexpensive (under $15.00) considering I had most of the supplies on hand. Not nearly as pricy as PB. I really like how it turned out. I put a little birds nest with a white bird in the corner because that's what I had at home, but I'm seriously considering replacing it with some little eggs for Easter.
It added instant spring and a little whimsy to my front door and I love it! My friends have asked me to make them some, which is super flattering. But I promise you, this project is so easy anyone could do it!
All these things have made my life a little brighter, which is super needed right now because our house is in the eye of a thunderstorm as I type. Praying for sunshiny days!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Liv

2 comments:

  1. Ah this just made me miss you so much! Maybe we can all get together soon? Your moss letter is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, You are so cute and crafty! I love it! Hope you guys are doing well!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete