Thursday, July 8, 2010

how does your garden grow?

This spring I asked Daniel if we could start a small pot garden. Since I have never had a garden before, I wanted to start small. Something I couldn't kill.

Well,

when we got to Lowes to get the supplies, Mr. Pippin got a bit carried away. We (he) ended up digging two plots beside our porch, which we planted the minimum in. You know, just some onion, cucumbers, jalapenos, and (brace yourself) NINE tomato plants!!

Now be aware that we were forewarned by the sweet woman that helped us at Lowes, I just thought that I would probably kill half of them. But, guess what? I didn't! And now look at it...


The tomato plants are as tall as I am!


I got to harvest the first fruits of my labor this past weekend, and boy was it rewarding. There are probably going to be 300 more so I guess I shouldn't get too excited.



But, fruits and veggies aren't the only thing growing in our lives. We are so lucky to have wonderful friends and family surrounding us. Here we are at my aunts house on the 4th of July. I love our little family!


Weston with my sweet Nanny


After a fun cookout with family, we headed downtown to meet up with Jess and Andy for Pops in the Park.


Monday night we had some old friends over. This is a series of pictures that Rusty took. Haha, love Meg's faces! We so enjoyed hearing about Gerry and Jananna's new adventure, their baby on the way, Catie Grace!


Oh, and I have picked up a new hobby! I received a hand-me-down bike from a sweet couple at the SB and boy, have we been puttin' that baby to use! I really love going to spin class, but being outside is totally different. I am learning how to motivate myself to go a little harder and a little longer. I was so proud that our first time out, we biked over 10 miles! Daniel is super pumped that I have picked up a new outdoor activity (bless it).


Lovin' life as Mrs. Pippin! Who ever said your first years are the hardest?! Make it an adventure!

Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment